DIVA includes the following key elements:
The DIVA video player provides great video quality with no buffering thanks to adaptive streaming technology. DVD-?type features (both for live and on-?demand video) allow the users to pause, rewind, fast forward, jump back in the stream for instant replay, and watch every single key moment in slow motion. A Rough Cut Editor allows Rights Holders to quickly and efficiently create and publish video clips, edited directly from the live feed.
DIVA provides the users with synchronized data, relevant for each sport giving total control of various levels of data through specifically designed overlays. Depending on the sport, overlays include team stats & player stats, heat maps, live standings, score detail and more, all synchronized at any point of the video, live and on-?demand.
DIVA allows a smooth user experience through overlay navigation. The Play-?by-?Play and the video timeline markers allow fans to select key events at any point in the timeline at the click of a button. Users have the possibility to watch up to 4 simultaneous live events using Picture in Picture or Quad-?view functionalities. In case of concurrent events some alerts are available (e.g a goal alert in Football, a try in Rugby…) for the user not to miss a single moment of the best sport action available.
DIVA is an embedded object that provides simple integration into Right Holders websites. It can be easily reskined to follow a broadcaster’s brand guidelines on top of the original start of the art design of the application.
DIVA’s great engaging user experience is also made possible thanks to social networking features - including moderated user commentaries, Twitter feed, and sharing of video or single event (e.g. a goal in Football, a World Record in Athletics…) on Facebook, Twitter or by mail .
DIVA natively integrates Google Analytics for a tracking of the video views and overlay/navigation interaction. It also includes a large number of advertsing options, including video pre-roll and sponsoring of the player, to allow Right Holders to optimize the monetization of their content.
DIVA has been so far delivered to some of our clients under the following versions:
- DIVA Core: The non-sport specific version of DIVA features all the basic options of the application, including adaptive streaming, overlay and timeline navigation or Social network integration. It’s a great fit for the coverage of an event that doesn’t require the integration of a data feed but instead an editorial input. Editors can cover live events by writing live comment and link it to video moments, as well as adding manual markers to the timeline.
- Channel 4 has been using DIVA Core for their online coverage of the 2011 IAAF World Championship in Athletics and the BT Paralympic World Cup.
- DIVA Multisport: DIVA Core functionalities plus full-page design/overlays, Play-By-Play, statistic data synchronization, etc. Targeted to the full set of Summer Olympic sports.
- Terra and CTV will be using DIVA Multisport for their online coverage of the 2012 London Olympic Games.
- DIVA Football: The first version of DIVA available is integrating a deep set of data for live football including Team & player stats, heatmaps, passes and distance details or goal alert
- Sky Sport uses DIVA Football for their online coverage of the UEFA Champions League since last season.
- DIVA Rugby: The Rugby version is featuring the DIVA core functionalities, adding specific rugby data such as score details, team and player stats or try alert
- The IRB has been using DIVA Rugby for their online coverage of the 2011 Rugby World Cup and Sky Sport for their online coverage of the Heineken Cup.
Contestants are responsible for the content of this site.